Updated on Friday, February 16, Oslo, Norway 2018
ALL films With Norwegian colors.... In other Words based on Norwegian material, Norwegian themes, filmed in Norway or featuring a Norwegian actor or actress
In English and Norwegian
Kirk Douglas in THE VIKINGS 1958
HERCULES 2014 - Ingrid Bolsø Berdal
THE NORWEGIAN FILM COLLECTION OF HENNING SEBASTIAN JAHRE
2. THIN ICE 1937 - Sonja Henie - 20th Century-Fox - Oscar nomination - Best Dance Direction(Prince Igor number)
3. FANT(Tramp) 1937 - Sonja Wigert - Norsk Film A/S
4. ELI SJURSDOTTER(Eli Sjurdaughter) 1938 - Sonja Wigert - Merkur Film A/S
5. THE ADVENTURES OF MARCO POLO 1938 - Sigrid Gurie - Samuel Goldwyn
6. THE GOLDWYN FOLLIES 1938 - Vera Zorina - Samuel Goldwyn - 2 Oscar nominations - Best score and best interior decoration
7. ALGIERS 1938 - Sigrid Gurie - Walter Wanger - 4 Oscar nominations; actor, supporting actor(Gene Lockart), cinematography & art direction
8. MY LUCKY STAR 1938 - Sonja Henie - 20th Century-Fox
9. THE BIG BROADCAST OF 1938 - Kirsten Flagstad - Paramount - Academy Award Oscar for Best Song - "Thanks for the Memory"
10. ON YOUR TOES 1939 - Vera Zorina - Warner Bros
11. SECOND FIDDLE 1939 - Sonja Henie - 20th Century-Fox - 1 Oscar nomination - best song - "I Poured My Heart Into A Song"
12. EVERYTHING HAPPENS AT NIGHT 1939 - Sonja Henie - 20th Century-Fox
13. TANTE POSE(Auntie Bag) 1940 - Henny Skjønberg - Merkur Film
14. I WAS AN ADVENTURESS 1940 - Vera Zorina - 2oth Century-Fox
15. THREE FACES WEST 1940 - Sigrid Gurie - Republic
16. SUN VALLEY SERENADE 1941 - Sonja Henie - 2oth Century-Fox - 3 Oscar nominations; best cinematography, best song(Chattanooga Choo Choo), Best musical score
17. LOUISIANA PURCHASE 1941 - Vera Zorina - Paramount - 2 Oscar nominations - cinematography, art direction/interior direction
18. ICELAND 1942 - Sonja Henie - 20th Century-Fox
19. STAR SPANGLED RHYTHM 1942 - Vera Zorina - Paramount - 2 Oscar nominations; Best Song(That Old Black Magic - danced by Vera Zorina) and Best Score
20. WINTERTIME 1943 - Sonja Henie - 20th Century-Fox
21. THE MOON IS DOWN 1943 - Norway - Cedric Hardwicke, Henry Travers, Lee J. Cobb - 20th Century-Fox
22. EDGE OF DARKNESS 1943 - Norway - Warner Bros - Errol Flynn, Ann Sheridan, Judith Anderson, Walter Huston, Ruth Gordon
23. FOLLOW THE BOYS 1944 - Vera Zorina - Universal
24. MR EMMANUEL 1944 - Greta Gynt - Two Cities
25. IT`S A PLEASURE - Sonja Henie - International/RKO
26. SON OF LASSIE 1945 - Norway-Edvard Grieg - Peter Lawford, June Lockhart, Donald Crisp - Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
27. OUR VINES HAVE TENDER GRAPES 1945 - Norwegian immigration - Edward G Robinson, Margaret O`Brien, James Craig, Agnes Moorehead, Frances Gifford - Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
28. LOVER COME BACK 1946 - Vera Zorina - Universal
29. TAKE MY LIFE 1947 - Greta Gynt - Rank/Cineguild
30. DEAR MURDERER 1947 - Greta Gynt - Rank/Gainsborough
31. EASY MONEY 1947 - Greta Gynt - Rank/Gainsborough
32. DEN HEMMELIGHETSFULLE LEILIGHETEN(The Secret Apartment) 1948 Sonja Wigert - Norsk film A/S
33. SOLDIERS THREE 1951 - Greta Gynt - Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
34. THE RINGER 1952 - Greta Gynt - London Films/British Lion
36, DE DØDES TJERN(Lake of The Dead) 1958 - Henny Moan - Norsk Film A/S
37. LÅN MEG DIN KONE(Let Me Borrow Your Wife) 1958 - Sonja Wigert - Norsk Film A/S/Carlmar
38. THE VIKINGS 1958 - Norway - Kirk Douglas, Tony Curtis, Janet Leigh, Ernest Borgnine - Bryna/United Artists/Bavaria/Curtleigh Productions
39. JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH 1959 - Arlene Dahl - 20th Century-Fox/Cooga Mooga Film/Joseph M Schenck - James Mason, Pat Boone, Diane Baker, Peter Ronson, Thayer David. Oscar nominations - Best Art Direction/Set Decoration, Best Visual Effects and Best Sound
40. HEDDA GABLER(TV) 1963 - Henrik Ibsen7Norway - Ingrid Bergman, Ralph Richardson, Trevor Howard, Michael Redgrave - BBC/Paramount
41. THE HEROES OF TELEMARK 1965- Norway - Kirk Douglas, Richard Harris, Michael Redgrave, Ulla Jacobsson - Rank/Columbia
42. PERSONA 1966 - Liv Ullmann - AB Svensk Filmindustri - Guldbagge Best Film, Best Actress(Andersson). National Society of Film Critics: Best film, director, screenplay(2nd Place), actress(Andersson), cinematography(3d Place)
43. SONG OF NORWAY 1969 - Edvard Grieg/Toralv Maurstad/Norway - Florence Henderson, Christina Schollin, Frank Porretta, Edward G Robinson, Robert Morley, Harry Secombe, Wenche Foss - ABC/Allied Pictures
44. SKULLE DET DUKKE OPP FLERE LIK ER DET BARE Å RINGE(If Any More Bodies Should Turn Up, Please Give Us a Call) 1970 - Aud Schønemann - Team Film
45. A DOLL`S HOUSE 1973 - Henrik Ibsen/Norway - Claire Bloom , Anthony Hopkins, Ralph Richardson, Denholm Elliott, Anna Massey - Elkins/Freeward/Life Investors/Paramount/MGM
46. 40 CARATS 1973 - Liv Ullmann - Columbia - GOLDEN GLOBE NOMINATION FOR BEST ACTRESS - MUSICAL OR COMEDY
47. FLÅKLYPA GRAND PRIX(The Pinchcliffe Grand Prix) 1975 - Ivo Caprino - Caprino Film Center
48. HEDDA 1975 - Henrik Ibsen/Norway - Glenda Jackson in the ACADEMY AWARD NOMINATED ROLE FOR BEST ACTRESS OSCAR - Peter Eyre, Patrick Stewart, Jennie Linden, Timothy West - Bowden Productions Limited/Brut
49. FARLIG YRKE(Dangerous Occupation)(TV) 1976 - Juni Dahr - Julie Ege - NRK
50. REISEN TIL JULESTJERNEN(Journey to the Christmas Star) 1976 - Hanne Krogh - Norsk Film A/S
51. A BRIDGE TOO FAR 1977 Liv Ullmann - Joseph E Levine Productions/United Artists
52. BLINDPASSASJER(Stowaway)(TV) 1978 - Trini Lund - NRK
53. HØSTSONATEN(Autumn Sonata) 1978 - Liv Ullmann - Personafilm GmbH/ITC Entertainment - WINNER OF DAVID DI DONATELLO AWARD FOR BEST FOREIGN ACTRESS - Golden Globe Award For Best Foreign Language Film - Best Actress Oscar Nomination(Ingrid Bergman) & Best Screenplay Nomination
54. THE THING 1982 - Norway/Norwegian base - Universal/Turman-Foster - Kurt Russell, Keith David, Donald Moffat, A Wilford Brimley
55. MAELSTROM(TV) 1985 - Norway/Ålesund - Tusse Silberg, David Beams, Trevor Baxter, Ann Todd, Susan Gilmore, Edita Brychta - BBC
56. THE WITCHES 1990 - Roald Dahl/Bergen/Norway - The Jim Henson Company/Lorimar Film Entertainment/Warner Bros - Mai Zetterling, Anjelica Huston, Brenda Blethyn, Jane Horrocks - National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Actress (Anjelica Huston)
57. UPPERDOG 2009 - Hermann Sabado - Riva/Friland - Amanda Awards for Best Film, director, screenplay and photography
58. HODEJEGERNE(Headhunters) 2011 - Aksel Hennie - Yellow Bird/Friland/Nordisk - People`s Amanda Award. Best actor, director and Visual effects nominations. BAFTA nomination; Best film not in the English Language. Saturn Award; Best Foreign Language Film. Empire Awards; Best Thiller
59. THE THING 2011 - Norway-Norwegian camp - Trond Espen Seim, Kristofer Hivju, Carsten Bjørlund, Jørgen Langhelle, Jo Adrian Haavind, Stig Henrik Hoff - Universal/Strike Entertainment/Morgan Creek
60. HERCULES 2014 - Ingrid Bolsø Berdal - Aksel Hennie - Tobias Santelmann - Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/Paramount/Flynn Picture Company/Radical Studios
61. ØYEVITNE(Eyewitness)(TV) 2014 - Odin Waage/Anneke Von der Lippe - NRK - International Emmy Award Best Actress - Anneke Von Der Lippe.
62. BØLGEN(The Wave) 2015 - Norge-Ane Dahl Torp - Fantefilm Fiksjon A/S - At the 2016 Amanda Awards, The Wave received the award for Best Norwegian Film in Theatrical Release, as well as the awards for Best Sound Design and Best Visual Effects. In addition, the film was also nominated in the categories of Best Norwegian Film, Best Director, Best Cinematography, and Best Music
63. KONGENS NEI(The King`s Choice) 2016 - Norge - Paradox - 8 Amanda Awards; best film, best actor supporting role(Karl Marcovics), screenplay, Production design, Music, Visual effects, sound design, editing. Nominations: Best director, actor, actor supporting role(Anders Baasmo Christiansen), photography and the People`s Amanda.
64. THE SNOWMAN 2017 - Norway - Jo Nesbø - Universal/Perfect World/Working Title - Michael Fassbender. Rebecca Ferguson, Toby Jones, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Val Kilmer, JK Simmons
65. MISSION; IMPOSSIBLE - FALLOUT 2018 - Preikestolen/Norway - Tom Cruise, Rebecca Ferguson, Alec Baldwin, Angela Bassett, Simon Pegg, Ving Rhames - Paramount/Skydance/Bad Robot Productions
66. SKJELVET(The Quake) 2018 - Norge - Ane Dahl Torp - Fantefilm
Synnøve Macody Lund, Aksel Hennie & Nikolaj Coster-Waldau - stjernene fra HODEJEGERNE - HEADHUNTERS - 2011
Trevor Howard & Ingrid Bergman in HEDDA GABLER 1963
Preikestolen, Norway 2017: Tom Cruise and director Christopher McQuarrie during the shooting of MISSION; IMPOSSIBLE - FALLOUT
June Lockhart & Peter Lawford in SON OF LASSIE 1945
Kristoffer Joner, Ane Dahl Torp, Edith Haagenrud-Sande and Jonas Hoff Oftebro are the Family in danger - in both BØLGEN - THE WAVE 2015 and SKJELVET - THE QUAKE 2018.
Sigrid Gurie, Charles Boyer & Hedy Lamarr in stills for ALGIERS 1938
Ann Sheridan & Errol Flynn during the shooting of EDGE OF DARKNESS 1943 - Reading the book their film is based on....
Greta Gynt & Stewart Granger in SOLDIERS THREE 1951
Greta Gynt - the Glamour Queen
FLÅKLYPA GRAND PRIX(The Pinchcliffe Grand Prix)Flåklypa Grand Prix
Director Tomas Alfredson and "Harry Hole" - Michael Fassbender - outside the Restaurant Schrøder 2016
Kirsten Flagstad as Brunhilde in Paramount`s THE BIG BROADCAST OF 1938
Meeting Princess Margaret 1962
With Karin at the 100 year old birthday celebration of Sonja Henie, The Henie-Onstad Art Center 2012.
Greta Gynt & Stewart Granger during the shooting of SOLDIERS THREE 1951
Sonja Henie in MY LUCKY STAR 1938
Knut Risan, Bente Børsum, Hanne Krogh, Harald Heide-Steen Jr & Alf Nordvang i REISEN TIL JULESTJERNEN 1976 - JOURNEY TO THE CHRISTMAS STAR
Tom Cruise climbing at the Preikestolen in MISSION; IMPOSSIBLE - FALLOUT 2018
Sonja & John Payne in ICELAND 1942
Dirk Bogarde, Michael Caine, Gene Hackman, Sean Connery, Robert Redford, James Caan & Anthony Hopkins A BRIDGE TOO FAR
THE HEROES OF TELEMARK 1965
a young Erik Wigert with his older sister Sonja - I am happy to say that he has become a dear dear friend.
With actress and writer Anna Bache-Wiig at the 100th Birthday celebrations for Sonja Henie, The Henie-Onstad Art Center 2012
Faye Emerson, Sonja Henie, Edith Piaf, Judy Garland and Ginger Rogers in the early 50s
Kirsten Flagstad in THE BIG BROADCAST OF 1938
Digging their own grave in EDGE OF DARKNESS 1943: Walter Huston, Ann Sheridan, Errol Flynn & Judith Anderson
Liv Ullmann, Lise Fjeldstad, Glenda Jackson, Claire Bloom, Ghita Nørby, Shaoli Mitra, Angela Winkler & seated - Isabelle Huppert and Wenche Foss. Place; Ibsen`s home in Oslo 2006. Occasion: The Ibsen Centennial Commemoration Award to these artists. In this Collection Ullmann appears in Persona, 40 Carats, A Bridge Too Far and Høstsonaten(Autumn Sonata). Jackson appears in Hedda, Bloom in A Doll`s House and Foss in Song of Norway.
Self made poster to SKJELVET - The Quake - C)(P)Friday, January 5, 2018 by Henning Sebastian Jahre. All Rights Reserved
King Olav V and Arlene Dahl 1975
Vera Zorina, Richard Greene, Erich Von Stroheim, Peter Lorre & Fritz Feld in I WAS AN ADVENTURESS 1940
Sigrid Gurie & Gary Cooper in THE ADVENTURES OF MARCO POLO 1938
Toralv Maurstad, Christina Schollin & Edward G Robinson in SONG OF NORWAY 1969
Irina Shayk and Aksel Hennie
Ernest Borgnine, Janet Leigh, Tony Curtis(With his back to the camera) and Kirk Douglas in THE VIKINGS 1958
Janet Leigh & Kirk Douglas THE VIKINGS 1958
Pictures snapped by the family of Sevre Børslid 1958
Ernest Borgnine, Tony Curtis, Kirk Douglas & Janet Leigh besøker Vikingskipsmuseet på Bygdøy Oslo 1957
Sonja Wigert`s co-stars Randi Kolstad, Atle Merton and Erik Lassen in the 1958 LÅN MEG DIN KONE(Let Me Borrow Your Wife)
Ingrid Bergman enveloped by Trevor Howard, Michael Redgrave & Ralph Richardson during the shooting of Hedda Gabler
Vera, Peter Lorre & Erich Von Stroheim
Vera in LOUISIANA PURCHASE 1941
Vera Zorina & Bob Hope in LOUISIANA PURCHASE 1941
Glenda Jackson in her Oscar nominated performance as Hedda Gabler in HEDDA 1975. With Peter Eyre, Patrick Stewart, Timothy West & Jennie Linden.
Jennie Linden and Glenda Jackson
Arlene Dahl på besøk i Buvika 2003. Her sammen med sin tremenning.... Sønn av tremenningen - Georg Sandvik - sendte meg dette i 2016.
OUR VINES HAVE TENDER GRAPES 1945 - Agnes Moorehead, Edward G Robinson, Margaret O`Brien, Jackie Butch Jenkins
Peder Larsson(a Swede), his wife Sigrid Swangrønning, Anne Brobak holding her grandchild, a very young future actress ARLENE DAHL and Anne`s husband Johan Svangrønning.
Arlene`s mother Ingeborg died before Arlene reached womanhood and her father was Rudolf Dahl. Her parents seperated when she was quite young and when her stepmother made it clear she didn`t like her, she was on her own from her teens and proved to be a born survivor.
She still speaks and writes in our language. Indeed she taught her son Lorenzo the prayer "I Jesu Navn Går Vi Til Bords", but when he said the prayer in a Norwegian TV-show, Gylne Tider 2005, it was quite clear he had forgotten how to pronounce it, but he heralded his Mum`s Norwegian meatballs and that while growing up, her gløgg got him drunk during the christmas season.
Arlene Dahl interviewed 2007:
Your parents were both Norwegians...
Yes, but they separated and when mother died, I moved back to my father. I had graduated from High school when I was fifteen and intended to go to the University of Minnesota. When my father re-married my stepmother did not want me around. She made it possible for me to go to Chicago. [laughs] There I was, working as a model and living with three roommates in Chicago. They worked with me also in the Sportsman Show in Minneapolis. I was a model in Chicago for a month or two, and assistant buyer. And it was my boss who took me to New York for the first time as a buyer. During my trips to New York I had some time off. I bought a newspaper, Variety, which wrote about the musicals on Broadway. I had studied musicals and singing at the Minneapolis College. And, so I went there on occasions, out of the blue. [laughs] I don't know what made me do this. But I did it. I decided to take a chance. I was in New York, so why not? I got up and I sang... and I got the part. I got a principal part on Broadway in that musical Mr. Strauss goes to Boston
Kirk Douglas and Ulla Jacobsson share a tender moment during the Production of THE HEROES OF TELEMARK 1965
Michael Redgrave, Ingrid Bergman & Trevor Howard during rehearsels for HEDDA GABLER 1962(released 1963)