torsdag 20. august 2009

"RIVER OF NO RETURN" River Phoenix would have turned 39 on August 23, 2009....





























Henning Sebastian Jahre "and" River Phoenix 2003 hehe
















The leaf really fell from the tree when I learned of his passing in 1993....


















A friend stopped by while I was working just to check out how I was.... I read all the US papers that week..... it didn`t leave me.... For many years I lit candles for him... remembered his date of death....Why did I behave like that over the passing of a total stranger???
RIVER PHOENIX(1970-1993)(River Jude Bottom - from late70s Phoenix). He personafied M Y generation. He was the ONLY actor I identified myself with. It seemed that if River could do it, so could we. He played roles that as a youngster I could identify myself with. And because of that, fans grew close 2 him. When he died outside the Viper Room on Halloween after snorting cocaine(with heroine and marihuana) I was shocked. And it didn`t leave me for almost six months. Even 2day it is hard 2 see his films. My idol. The 1 with the ideals; Gone. It turned out that be HE who was the one who didn`t make it. It is sad really. Real sad.No... correction.... I don`t see his films anymore...

But I would like to share with you a meeting that took place in December 2001: I was approached on the net (Radiator---- long gone to the oblivion) by journalist called Christian - under the nickname Spunkie - and he told me how he met River and his band ca 1990.... I have printed some of his mails and here`s the translation:

"It was a little club in Washington DC called The Bayou, don`t know if it still exists, but it is located in Georgetown if you know DC... This was the days when I was still pretty occupied with saving the environment and so forth... We were headed for a save the earth concert with some guys from Australia and in the end Aleca`s Attic took the stand. I didn`t know that Aleca`s Attic was a band with among others River and Rain(River`s sister) before I came(to the concert)....The concert was good and they played HARD!!!

We stayed on, hanging out after the concert. Then, all of a sudden, River suddenly arrives out from backstage, comes up yo me and asks "DID YOU GET THE BLAST?"I almost faint ... We talk about music and he gets my address so he can send me a demo while I get a list of the songs he had written on a A4 paper.... Then we talk about that they are on tour and that they live in a tent in the forest just outside town....I did know a lot about him before the concert because I belonged to a hippie group in high school and he was the the most political correct of the moviestars.... He wasn`t on drugs, he had clipped his hair quite short and was fresh-looking...


"Wooow.... it`s nice to read this again... I DID meet Christian after these mails, but even though we live in the same town of Oslo, we have lost touch......

Ingen kommentarer: